You’re expecting! Congratulations! What might be even more exciting than announcing your big news is how you choose to announce it. Sharing your pregnancy is a big freaking deal, and it can be just as memorable for you as it is for your nearest and dearest friends and family. Now, you could choose to send a text or FaceTime a call with your inner circle and let them know you’re expecting. But let’s be real: That’s a little boring. It’s way more entertaining and satisfying to surprise your partner, parents, and friends with creative and fun ways to announce your pregnancy.
So if you’re looking for ideas — from funny pregnancy announcement ideas to pregnancy announcement ideas for your partner, or pregnancy announcement ideas for your family — look no further. We’ve got you covered. Check out our ideas below.
Pregnancy Announcement Ideas For Husbands & Partners
- Surprise your partner by laying out a t-shirt with “Daddy” on it. While he’s trying to figure out if that’s his new nickname in bed, stroll in wearing your matching “Mommy” shirt. Even better, you can hold a onesie that says “Baby.” That should make things clearer.
- Create a scavenger hunt with each clue getting your partner closer and closer to discovering your positive pregnancy test.
- Do a gender swap pic. Have your hubby pose with a big bump while you hide yours with a baggy shirt and come up with a funny line. “We’re expecting!” or “What to Expect When He’s Expecting” are all winning ideas.
- Bake your partner’s favorite cake and, just before you cut it, serve them up the news with a telling “We’re having a baby” cake topper.
- Want to go for something sweet and romantic? Snap a close-up pic of you and your partner clasping hands while holding onto a pair of baby shoes. To really drive the hint home, add a cute phrase. Suggestion: “And baby makes three!”
- Surprise your partner with a big box. They’ll be so excited that you gifted them a present of… baby stuff! Include stuffies, diapers, and little shoes.
For Family & Friends
- Frame your first ultrasound picture and give it to your parents with a sweet note: “Now we get to know what it’s like to be parents.”
- Hand your parents a cup of coffee in a mug that reads “Best Grandparents Ever,” and then spill your news over some java and cookies.
- Send your parents a cute poetic text: “Roses are red, violets are blue, on (INSERT DUE DATE), your grandbaby is due!”
- Know the gender of your baby? You might want to snap a photo of your ultrasound pic surrounded by baby girl or baby boy clothes and toys. That’ll make it easy to send it out to friends and fam.
- Talk about an egg-citing breakfast idea! This one is perfect is both partners and grandparents. In the morning, serve them up some hard-boiled eggs and write on the shells, “We’re egg-specting!”
Funny Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
- Get creative on social media by posting a photo of an empty wine glass with your ultrasound pic inside. The caption? “Can’t fill this glass for another 9 months!”
- Share a silly pic with you and your partner in the car with a big yellow sign in one of the windows. Its classic message? “Baby on board!”
- Are you parents to a fur baby? Arrange a photoshoot with your pet wearing a customized t-shirt that says “Big Brother” or “Big Sister.” If you want to up the comedic factor, you can have your pup pose in front of a chalkboard that reads “Only Child” crossed out with “Big Brother” or “Big Sister” above it.
- Already a mom of a few little ones? Snap a photo of you and your family having a hilariously chaotic family moment while you look shocked at a pregnancy test. Caption it with “Here we grow again!”
- Have a loved one who’s a wine snob? Surprise them with a personalized bottle label: “You’ll have to drink this one yourself — because we’re having a baby!” Or something equally obvious and funny.
- Calling all social media junkies! Find a matte frame you can place around your first ultrasound picture. On the frame, write “Baby’s First Selfie.”