Throwing a baby shower is an exciting time for mama! Basically, it’s party time for you and your baby (without the wine). Hosting a memorable baby shower starts with the perfect baby shower invitation wording. You could play it dry with a simple “who, what, where, and when” RSVP, but where’s the fun in that? This is a special occasion that you’ll remember forever. So spruce up those cutesy mailers and make them personal by adding fitting — and, in some cases, funny — baby quotes, poems, or baby jokes. If you’re stuck on what type of wording to use, you might want to consider the theme of your shower. Is it quirky or elegant? Is it a big gathering, or a small get together with just close friends and family?
Still unsure what to use? Don’t worry. From inspirational to hilarious baby shower invitation wording, we found the best examples for your one-of-a-kind baby shower invitation!
- Sugar and spice and everything nice — it’s a girl!
- Hickory, Dickory, Dock, there’s about to be a new baby boy on the block.
- Twice the fun is on the way!
- A cute little nose and a sweet little smile, we have someone special coming in just a short while!
- It’s raining, it’s pouring,
Your presence, we’re imploring,
For games and cakes and girlfriend-power
At [Mama’s name]’s Baby Shower!
- A sweet baby girl is on the way, so let’s shower the mommy before the delivery day!
- Did you hear the forecast?
The baby shower is here, and it’s raining boys!
- It takes two to make a thing go right…
You’re invited to a double baby shower celebration!
- First came love,
Now look who’s gracing the baby carriage!
Please join us for a baby shower to honor [baby or mama’s name, or both].
- Pregnant belly, big bump gain,
Swollen ankles, labor pain,
Then the miracle of birth
Welcomes new life to this earth;
Tiny fingers, tiny toes,
Years of joy as baby grows,
You’ll make a memory every day
To send your child along his way.
- We’re firing up the grill…
There is a bun in the oven!
Join us for a BBQ as we celebrate the baby-to-be.
- Trucks, tractors, and trains, oh my!
It’s almost time to meet (mama’s name)’s little guy.
- Once upon a time…
There lived a couple so cool,
They had a wish
To be covered in baby drool.
Let’s party as their wish came true —
It’s a baby shower!
- Tulips and carnations white as pearls,
(mama’s name) is going to have a girl.
A baby as precious as a flower,
You’re invited to a garden baby shower!
- Cradle rocking, not much sleep,
You’ll want to lie down in a heap;
Feeding baby, wide awake,
How much more can one mom take?
And then a magic baby smile
Makes every moment so worthwhile;
Your heart will burst with joy and soar,
You’ll be a parent forevermore!
- Double the diapers and double the toys,
Let’s help (mother’s name) prepare for twin boys —
It’s a baby shower!
- It’s tough to say when is the delivery day,
But a special gift is definitely on the way;
Let’s celebrate and be merry,
For there will be prizes to carry.
It’s a baby shower in honor of dear [baby name]!
- Twenty teeny fingers, and so the tiny toes,
four cute ears, and two little noses.
Let’s join hands and welcome one little angel and one sweet boy…
We’re having twin babies, come to the party and do nothing but enjoy.
- It was a joint effort, so it’s a joint shower!
Come join us for a couples’ shower honoring [couple’s names] and their sweet new baby!
- You have joined us for travels.
You have joined us for our wedding.
Now it’s time to join us for our baby shower.